Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Buzzing with Love

Admittedly, I am pretty anti-Valentine's Day, but when one of my besties gave me a very special cupcake, it cheered me up in a million different ways.  DC is obsessed with cupcakes, as you may have heard. I mean, I know every place is these days, but in DC it's a clinical madness about cupcakes. So I've made it my personal responsibility to try them all and report back to you.  The cake above is probably my favorite--a 9:30 cupcake from Buzz Bakery.  The 9:30 is a signature item inspired by the traditional Hostess chocolate cupcakes and the 9:30 Club here in DC.  Usually, they have 9:30 written in white icing if you buy them at the venue, or the classic white squiggle if you get them directly from Buzz.  But this week, for Valentine's, everything's gone red, and the squiggle spells out 'love," the perfect gift from a close friend, or, as another friend points out, it also looks like "alone," which would be equally appropriate for this particular holiday. Hey, I'm not complaining. I have cake. 

2 comments:

  1. It was a big day for you. I don't want to add for your pain, so I won't wish you a happy V day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks, Jack! Luckily I'm not in any pain from being single. No pain at all.

    ReplyDelete