Monday, June 13, 2011

Rainbows!!

So I've been busy....and moving right along.

It's LGBT Pride Month! This past weekend was the big Capital Pride celebration, which culminates every year in a Saturday parade and Sunday Street Festival. But this year...my camera failed me. Or I failed my camera, rather, by not charging it properly. "Such an amateur," I can hear you say. So these are actually from '09 and '10.

The pic above is of crowds waiting along the parade route outside of Cobalt, a popular club. The parade winds through the Dupont Circle area, which is DC's "gayborhood." The pic below is from my favorite part of the parade every year. Yes, I just love having beads collide with my face, along with lollipops and condoms, but my favorite things are gay parents marching with their kids, and--even higher on the list--parents marching with/for their gay kids. I'm not going to get all emotional about my mom, but, have no doubt about it, she is awesome. But I can't imagine her ever joining PFLAG, the organization of Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. (Don't you just love acronyms?) Still, when I see the love pouring out of these parents, who are so proud of their kids and so passionate about their rights, it melts my heart. Every. Single. Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment