Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sundays at Eastern Market

I seem to start every post with "One of the things I love about DC..." To add to that list, I love DC's markets. Somewhere in the city there is a fresh food market nearly every day. Eastern Market is probably the most famous one in the city. It's the one I knew about before I moved to DC because of its frequent appearance on The Travel Channel. There are venders selling produce, cheese, flowers, meats, fresh pasta, baked goods, jams and preserves, and pretty much anything else you could want. What makes Eastern Market so different is the weekend flea market where you can find everything from antique ceiling tiles, furniture, and clothes, to arts and crafts, like funky jewelry or purses made out of old book covers. As (almost) always, you can find my surplus shots over there.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful post with great information and a lovely photo! The cash register alone is enough to make me want to visit and to shop!

    ReplyDelete