Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chinatown

Chinatown is one of my favorite neighborhoods in DC. I live a few blocks away, so it's where I shop and eat and spend my days reading. It's small compared to Chinatowns in San Francisco and New York, but it's still a thriving community. Most of what people know as Chinatown--the long trip of shops, restaurants, and museums down 7th St.--isn't very Chinese at all. The neighborhood organizations require that signs be in English and Chinese, but Starbucks, no matter what language they write it in, is still Starbucks. Around H & 6th, however, there are a few blocks that make up the center of DC's Chinese neighborhoods. There are community centers, herbalists, and churches representing nearly over province in China.

Feel free to visit my other my other blog, On Meandering, for more shots of Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment