Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Toy, Eerie Photo

A repeat of yesterday's location, via Hipstamatic.

I'm more or less in the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere I go. My self-discipline about doing that, however, has been tested by the camera on my iPhone. There's not all that extra weight in my bag, or battery charging, or remembering to put the memory stick back in. And... I've fallen prey to Hipstamatic. The way the app works is that there is a selection of "lenses" that have certain features, "films" that give different effects, and "flashes" that add tints to the shots. Playing around with different combinations makes each photo unique. More than my Facebook app, more than the IM-like texting, more than Angry Birds, which I promptly removed for being the time-suck that it is, Hipstamatic has turned my phone into a toy.

1 comment:

  1. It does offer an attention-getting effect. I think I will forego it on my own iPhone. I don't need more toys to distract me.

    ReplyDelete